Goals for 2011

Friday, March 11, 2011

I would like to share with you my Goals for 2011. One-fourth of the year is nearly gone, but I guess it is not too late to share this with you and here's hoping you'll find this useful.

This is really the first time that I sat down and spent time writing down my life goals.  While I did serious planning and goals setting exercises in previous years, this 2011 goal setting is different. This year I put all my plans in paper, and developed a full-length plan document that began with clarifying my values and setting my priorities straight! Thanks to the inspirations and learnings from the "Think and Grow Rich", "As a Man Thinketh" and other financial planning books I read  and personal development webinars I attended too in 2010!

My Goals for 2011 are broken down into several categories. Below are some of my Goals under each category (but I removed the specifics, strategies and milestones):

1. Spiritual
  • Read through the Bible (from Genesis to Revelation)
  • Improve the quality and consistency of prayer and personal devotion
  • Participate in D-group/small group fellowship in my church
2. Health
  • Improve healthy and safer lifestyle practices (exercise, sleep, etc)
  • Eat more vegies, fresh fruits and raw juices and less of processed and fatty foods
  • Regular medical check-up and monitoring
3. Professional
  • Attend short-term training courses and seminars
  • Read more books (especially business-related)
  • Career shift
4. Financial
  • Increase savings and investments
  • Develop new sources of income for long-term growth
5. Personal Relationships
  • Improve the quality of relationships with my parents and siblings
  • Build new friendships
  • Develop stable and long-term relationship for marriage 
I printed my Goals for 2011, and hang it on the wall inside my bedroom. I recite it daily and it helps me stay focused and inspired. One-fourth of 2011 is almost gone, and I believe I am on track to reach my goals this year. In fact, I have already achieved some pretty good results in some of those goals.  If you have not written down your goals yet,  you have still chance it is not too late yet. It is easy and fun too. If you need someone to guide and help you through, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika CLU